Food coloring is a coloring agent in food additives. There are differing opinions in the industry regarding the comparison between natural and synthetic pigments. Here is a comparison of the pros and cons of natural and synthetic colors:
Pros of Natural Colors:
1. Most natural pigments come from plants and animals. Except for Garcinia cambogia, the others are non-toxic to human body. Natural colors are highly safe.
2. Most natural pigments are biologically active (eg beta-carotene, VB2) and therefore also have nutritional fortification effects.
3. Natural pigments can better imitate the color of natural objects, and the color tone is more natural when coloring.
4. Some varieties have a special aromatic smell that is pleasant to add to food.
Cons of Natural Colors:
1. The content of natural pigments is usually lower, and the tinting power is worse than that of synthetic pigments.
2. The cost of natural pigments is higher.
3. Poor stability, some varieties have different colors and different PH values.
4. It is difficult to match any shade.
5. In the process of processing and circulation, it is easily affected by external factors and easily deteriorated.
6. Due to the influence of coexisting ingredients, some natural pigments will produce peculiar smell.
Advantages of synthetic pigments:
1. Low cost and low price.
2. Bright color and strong tinting strength.
3. High stability, tasteless, tasteless, easy to dissolve, easy to color.
Cons of Synthetic Colors:
Synthetic pigments are mainly made from coal tar, and their chemical structure is an azo compound that can be metabolized in the body to produce β-naphthylamine and α-amino-1-naphthol.
Nowadays, plant capsules have become the first choice for health care products. The most important reason for choosing it is that it is natural and harmless, and the plant source is safe and healthy. This just fits the start-up concept of plant capsules. While synthetic pigments can make capsules look brighter and less expensive, natural pigments will eventually become the first choice due to today's growing focus on food safety and a preference for natural foods.tljn.com